At Divorce Preparation Services our fees are based on whether there are minor children or no minor children involved in the divorce. Our flat fee for no minor children is $550.00 and our flat fee for parties with minor children is $600.00. Both of these fees are in addition to the Courts filing fees. The court filing fees in California for divorce (dissolution of marriage) are set by the county in which you file in and is currently $435.00 in Orange County and Los Angeles county. It is the same in most counties except Riverside county (based on where you or the other party reside). Every year the court filing fees can change depending on the county. Our services and fee also includes an in office appointment at which time we would prepare the initial documents for your signature.
We Do All of It for One Flat Fee
We simply provide the best services possible for your divorce or legal separation.
- We prepare all the necessary court documents.
- We file the court documents with the court (so you do not have to take a day off work).
- Then we serve the other party by U.S. mail or in person if they are willing to come to our office.
- Service of the other party is one of the most important processes in a divorce so we make sure to take care of that, all the other party has to do is sign and date the document we mail to them and return it to us in the self-addressed stamped envelope we provide.
- We follow through and make sure that all documents are filed when required and that they are prepared correctly.
- We do all this for one flat fee.
Once you decide that you need to file for divorce make the decision to use our services and you will be assured that your divorce will go as smoothly as possible with our guidance and professionalism. You have the satisfaction of knowing that a certified paralegal will handle your case from the start to the end.
Basically it is a do-it-yourself divorce but you do not have to do-it- yourself with us by your side.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about divorce and legal separation, uncontested and contested divorce, court filing of legal documents, minor child custody and visitation agreements for divorce in Orange County.